Apprentice Dental Nurse based In Berwick upon Tweed
Min 24 hours in surgery and 6 hours study time
We are a small independent private and Denplan practice looking for someone to train as a dental nurse. We provide high quality dental care, and put patient care at the centre of our ethos. As well as routine treatments we also offer adult braces, implants and tooth whitening.
Brief Summary of the job:
- Providing chairside support for the dentist or hygienist.
- Communicating with and ensuring the care and welfare of patients.
- Promoting and maintaining health and safety in the workplace.
- Implementing cross infection control in the practice and carrying out decontamination procedures.
- Setting up the surgery at the beginning and end of each day.
- Reception duties
- Provide administrative and audit support
How we train our nurses:
We will provide an intense in -house training course, where you will be supported by our friendly team of qualified nurses,hygienists and dentists. The course involves approximately 6 hours of study time per week which is paid for. This is usually carried out at home or online through weekly tutorials. We will pay for your training fees with and also any exams you take. We would expect this to take approximately 18 months, but will be tailored towards the individual candidates rate of learning. Once qualified we will register and pay for you to register with the General Dental Council.
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Good dexterity and co-ordination
- Good organizational skills
- Work under pressure and able to follow instructions.
- Being friendly, understanding and supportive with patients.
- Personal Qualities:
- Able to work as a team
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Good attendance and time keeping
- Able to follow instructions
Minimum GCSE Maths and English – grade C or above
Salary: £4-7.70ph reviewed every 3/12
National Minimum Wage:
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com