We hope you’re all managing to look after yourselves and each other while these difficult times are upon us.
As signs of emerging from lockdown begin for all of us, today we had a message from the Chief Dental Officer outlining plans for how dentists should prepare for opening their practices. Whilst there is still NO CONFIRMED DATE FOR OPENING , we are now being given guidance of how the world of dentistry might look when we return to work and its looking possible in the next couple of weeks.
Despite being closed for face to face consultations since the end of March we have still been extremely busy with telephone consultations for patients having dental problems. We have also been working behind the scenes to make sure we have everything we need in place for when the surgery opens. It will look different and you will notice some of our routines for your visit will have changed, for example….
- We will be contacting you before your appointment. Some of this will be done by phone and some by a new portal for patients to input information about their medical history, dental problems and Covid status.
- You will be asked to wait outside for your appointment and telephone the surgery as you arrive. This is to ensure that there is only one patient in the building at a time and ensure social distancing as much as possible. So no waiting room for the time being.
- On arrival your temperature will be checked and you will be asked to wash or sanitise your hands.
- There will be longer in between each patient for increased cleaning and “downtime” for the surgery.
- We have invested in screens for reception and anti-viral air purification systems for reception, and each surgery.
- Payments will be as contact free as possible.
- For some procedures we will being wearing extra ppe such as gowns, hats and respirators.
- We have new washing facilities so no used uniform has to leave the building.
Despite all this preparation we still do not have a start date and will keep you informed as to when we do.
We are assuming that we will be able to see emergencies first and introducing more complex treatments as the virus retreats.
We will update our website as any changes occur.
Until then if you do have any problems, questions or emergencies please call us on 07746 324 624.
Thank you for bearing with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
The Brucegate Team