You may have heard on the news that dental practices can open from Monday 8th June.
Our practice will be opening from this date, but the services we can currently provide are limited to urgent extractions and temporary fillings for patients that have no Covid symptoms, and are not shielding. It is expected that there will be gradual increase in patients seen and treatments offered as the virus retreats. It will be some time before services return to normal, so please be aware that your visits to us will be very different at least for the short term.
We are going beyond the standard guidelines set out by our governing bodies to ensure that safety of staff and patients is the highest priority, so you will see some changes when you visit for your next appointment. For example:
- We will be contacting you before your appointment for a screening interview, this will be repeated again when you attend for your appointment. Before you attend we will send you a more detailed description of what to expect at your appointment as this will vary depending on the treatment you are provided with and your health. Some of the changes you will notice are;
- You will be asked to wait outside the building before your appointment, so that we can ensure only one patient is in the building at a time.
- You will have your temperature taken before entering the building and advised to use the hand sanitiser.
- We have installed anti-viral air purifiers in each surgery and at reception.
- We will be passing more information to you via e mail, such as receipts, estimates, instructions following treatment so please check we have your up to date e mail address.
We will be allowing extra time between each patient to allow for the extra cleaning regimes, and ensure social distancing wherever possible.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers please come alone
- Please leave coats and bags in your car if possible
- Please observe the 2m distancing at the door and reception area
- Payment should be made by card wherever possible
- Please do not come to the practice if you do not have an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a face covering if possible and wash their hands at home before their appointment.
We thank you for your patience and will continue to provide the remote emergency service for those unable to attend.
Look after yourselves and each other
All at Brucegate